There are numerous types of mental health practitioners who have specialized skills, hundreds of hours of supervised clinical therapy experience and graduate degrees in their field of study. Counseling can be an effective tool to use while moving through the various stages of healing grief and trauma because these professionals can:
- Ask friends and family for a well-known referral
- Search “Grief Therapist” in your area
- Search “Bereavement Counselor” in your area
- Contact your medical doctor and/or health insurance provider for referrals in your area
- Little Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On: Twenty Lessons for Managing Worry, Anxiety, and Fear by Mark Reinecke
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies - CBT information, resources, and help locating a therapist in your area.
- Good Therapy - General counseling information and help locating a therapist in your area.
- EMDR Institute Inc. - Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing information and help
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute -SE information and help locating practitioners.
How can you integrate COUNSELING into your healing journey?