Energy healing therapies such as Reiki & Healing Touch are non-invasive techniques that focus on restoring and balancing the human energy system physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Energy healing therapies assist to:
- relieve feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression
- decrease negative side effects of trauma, post traumatic stress, and chronic pain
- strengthen overall wellness of the immune system
- promote integration and healing of mind, body, and spirit
Healing Touch is a biofield (magnetic field around the body) therapy that is an energy-based approach to health and healing. The goal of Healing Touch is to restore balance and harmonies in the energy system, while placing the client in a position to self-heal. This technique is non-invasive and facilitated while the client sits comfortably in a chair or lays on a massage table.
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning “Universal Life Force Energy”. During a Reiki session, energy flows through the practitioner to calm, heal and balance the client. Reiki clients remain fully clothed and relaxed on a massage table, while the practitioner gently places his/her hands in different positions on or above the client’s body. Reiki is a noninvasive technique that supports energy healing.
Audio and CD
- Self-Healing with Energy Medicine by Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson
- Energy Healing: The Essentials for Self-Care by Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson
The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living by Nick Ortner - Also see the documentary film of the same name
- International Association of Reiki Professionals - General information, articles, research, and locate a practitioner in your area.
- Healing Touch Program - General information, articles, research, and assistance in locating a practitioner in your area.
How can you integrate energy therapies into your healing journey?