welcome to a2z healing toolbox®
Navigating grief and trauma with practical tools and resources
Flowers & Fragrances
Why consider flowers and fragrances?
Scent can be used to boost overall wellness and provide a simple, natural way to improve emotional and psychological health. Many researchers and medical doctors are now integrating the use of flowers and fragrance into their practices. “Common sense tells us that flowers make us happy. Now, science shows that not only do flowers make us happier than we know, they have strong positive effects on our emotional well being,” notes Julie Chen, doctor of integrative medicine. “Aromatherapy can be utilized in a medicinal fashion with tremendous healing benefits.”
How does flowers and fragrances promote healing?
By reducing levels of stress hormones
By decreasing levels of anxiety, agitation, and depression
By promoting feelings of happiness and overall life satisfaction
By improving the ability to relax and sleep
- Rutgers: Flowers Improve Emotional Health by Jeannette Haviland Jones, Holly Hale Rosario, Patricia Wilson, and Terry McGuire – Research study findings on the positive impact of flowers on overall well-being. For more articles, visit the “Health Benefits and Research” section of their website About Flowers
- Aromatherapy: Allowing Scents to Heal Us by Julie Chen, M.D.
- Flower Power: The Healing Power of Flowers by the Monterey Bay Spice Company
- Flower Essence Formulas: Powerful Remedies for Times of Crisis by Richard Katz from the Flower Essence Society
- The Home Reference to Holistic Health and Healing: Easy-to-Use Natural Remedies, Herbs, Flower Essences, Essential Oils, Supplements, and Therapeutic Practices for Health, Happiness, and Well-Being by Chrystle Fiedler and Bridgitte Mars
- Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by K. Keville and M. Green.
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood