E- Energy Therapies
Why consider energy therapies?
Severe stress from grief and trauma can be stored in the body, disrupting the natural flow of healing energy. Energy therapies such as Reiki, Healing Touch, Somato Emotional Release, and Emotional Freedom Technique are noninvasive techniques that focus on physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually restoring and rebalancing the human energy system. Since the human body is composed of “life force energy,” everyone has the capacity to harness self-healing power through energy therapies.
How do energy therapies promote healing?
• By reducing feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression
• By decreasing chronic pain
• By strengthening overall wellness of the immune system
• By promoting integration and balance of the mind, body, and spirit
Healing Touch enlists the body’s magnetic field to restore balance and harmony to the energy system so that individuals are able to self-heal. Healing Touch sessions are conducted on massage-like tables while fully clothed and practitioners gently place their hands in different positions either on or near the recipients’ bodies.
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning “universal life force energy.” During a Reiki session, energy flows through the practitioner to calm, store, and balance the person in need of healing. Reiki sessions are conducted on massage-like tables while fully clothed practitioners gently place their hands in different positions either on or near the recipients’ bodies.
- International Association of Reiki Professionals – General information, articles, research, and locate a practitioner in your area.
- Healing Touch Program – General information, articles, research, and assistance in locating a practitioner in your area.
Audio and CD
- Self-Healing with Energy Medicine by Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson
- Energy Healing: The Essentials for Self-Care by Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson
The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living by Nick Ortner – Also see the documentary film of the same name