eXamining Your Positives
Research has shown that people who consciously focus on gratitude experience greater emotional well-being and physical health than those who don’t. Fostering positive experiences and making an informed, intentional choices to “be conscious of the good stuff” can:
- Rewire the brain for positive emotions
- Lift mood, optimism and resilience
- Counteract the effects of painful experiences
- Increase levels of energy, determination, persistence and focus
“It is when you are least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you”
~ Oprah Winfrey
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom by Rick Hanson and Richard Mendius
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence by Dr. Rick Hanson
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin Seligman
- Second Firsts by Christina Rasmussen
- Awakening Joy – App, blog, book, classes, events, free audio talks, retreats, and workshops focused on joy.
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley – Researched-based tools and practical resources to build happiness, resilience, and connection.
- Live Happy – Articles, clothing, gifts, Live Happy magazine, and podcast centered on positive psychology.
How can you eXamine Your Positives to assist you in your healing journey?