Research has shown that people who consciously focus on gratitude experience greater emotional well-being and physical health than those who don’t. Fostering positive experiences and making an informed, intentional choices to “be concious of the good stuff” can:
Rewire the brain for positive emotions
Lift mood, optimism and resilience
Counteract the effects of painful experiences
Increase levels of energy, determination, persistence and focus
“It is when you are least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you”
~ Oprah Winfrey
- 30 Gratitude Quotes for Health, Happiness and Healing by Virtues of Life
- Cultivate the Healing Power of Gratitude by The Chopra Center
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom by Rick Hanson and Richard Mendius
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence by Dr. Rick Hanson
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin Seligman
- Second Firsts by Christina Rasmussen
- Awakening Joy – App, blog, book, classes, events, free audio talks, retreats, and workshops focused on joy.
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley – Researched-based tools and practical resources to build happiness, resilience, and connection.
- Live Happy – Articles, clothing, gifts, Live Happy magazine, and podcast centered on positive psychology.
How can you eXamine Your Positives to assist you in your healing journey?