Scent can be used to boost overall wellness and provide a simple, natural way to improve emotional and psychological health. Fragrance from flowers and essential oils promote wellness in a variety of ways. For instance lemon, lavender and jasmine have calming properties while cinnamon and peppermint aide in concentration and focus. Flowers & Fragrance may assist in both immediate and long-term healing by:
strengthen the immune system
reducing levels of stress hormones
decreasing levels of anxiety, agitation and depression
promoting feelings of happiness and overall life satisfaction
improving the ability to relax and sleep
- Rutgers: Flowers Improve Emotional Health by Jeannette Haviland Jones, Holly Hale Rosario, Patricia Wilson, and Terry McGuire – Research study findings on the positive impact of flowers on overall well-being. For more articles, visit the “Health Benefits and Research” section of their website About Flowers.
- 101 Essential Oil Uses & Benefits by Dr. Josh Axe – Guide to using and combining essential oils for spa, relaxation, medicine, and home.
- Aromatherapy: Allowing Scents to Heal Us by Julie Chen, M.D.
- Flower Power: The Healing Power of Flowers by the Monterey Bay Spice Company
- Flower Essence Formulas: Powerful Remedies for Times of Crisis by Richard Katz from the Flower Essence Society
- The Home Reference to Holistic Health and Healing: Easy-to-Use Natural Remedies, Herbs, Flower Essences, Essential Oils, Supplements, and Therapeutic Practices for Health, Happiness, and Well-Being by Chrystle Fiedler and Bridgitte Mars
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art. by K. Keville and M. Green.
- Sierra Essentials – Naturally scented body wash, candles, essential oils, lip balms, lotions, and soaps